Meet the team
Stoma Specialist Nurses
We support patients and their carers or family through their surgical journey. We see patients as part of their pre assessment, in the hospital or at home.
Stoma formation surgery results in a length of bowel being used to divert faeces or urine out through a surgically formed hole in your abdomen and into a disposable bag. This may be done as a result of cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, bowel blockage or trauma.
- Individualised support and education for all of our patients undergoing stoma formation surgery.
- A ward attender clinic to assess urgent problems
- Monthly review clinic in Selby
- Regular education events for staff and carers
- Facilitation of support group meetings
- Open day events for patients
- On-going lifetime support for our patients covering both hospital and community
- Wide variety of literature and product choice
- We work closely with Dr Lyon, Dermatologist
Referrals can be made directly from any member of staff, GPs, relatives and patients.
Jenny Marsden, Clare Allen & Fiona Brown
Specialist Nurse Office, Level 3 Admin Building
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01904 725 762/4
Fax: 01904 726899