Meet the team
A number of different surgical doctors work at York Teaching Hospital, these include but are not limited to:
- Consultant Surgeons: The most senior doctors in the surgical team. They have completed many years of training and have overall responsibility for patients under their care.
- Associate Specialist Surgeons: A senior doctor in the surgical team.
- Trust Grade Doctors: Doctors who have reached a senior level in training but are not Consultants.
- Surgical Speciality Trainee Doctors: Doctors undertaking training in the field of surgery which will enable them to become Consultants. They will usually have 3-7 years of experience but sometimes more.
- Core Surgical Trainee Doctors: Doctors who have finished their foundation years and are preparing to become surgical trainees.
- Foundation Year Doctors: Doctors in their first two years following medical school.
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Switchboard: 01904 631313