The York Model
York Perioperative Medicine Service: Our Aims
- Improve surgical outcomes and reduce complication rates.
- Ensure co-ordinated care throughout the surgical journey.
- Triage patients to an appropriate post-operative location and improve patient flow.
- To implement and develop protocolised pathways that ensure patients recieved the care they require in a timely and safe manner.
- Continuously improve the patient experience of our surgical pathway.
York Teaching Hospital: Our Shared Commitment
Our ultimate objective is to be trusted to deliver safe, effective healthcare to our community.
Our values, drivers and motivators are:
- Caring about what we do
- Respecting and valuing each other
- Listening in order to improve
- Always doing what we can to be helpful
Supporting each other by
- Working in partnership and responding to local needs
- Respecting differences and building on similarities
- Empowering people to be involved in decisions about how we provide care
- Encouraging others to behave respectfully in line with our values